|Photo: Curtis Rittenour|
Nominating Committee is like peanut butter. Sometimes it’s smooth and creamy, and sometimes it’s … well, a little too nutty! While most of us know everyone has a part to play in the body of Christ, finding and placing people in ministry can be challenging. How do we move Ephesians 4 and 1 Corinthians 12 into action in our local churches? Often there is more “bread” than “spread”!
Curtis Rittenour has worked as a Seventh-day Adventist pastor for over 27 years in helping churches effectively guide people into ministry. He has conducted spiritual gift seminars across the North American Division for local churches, pastor’s meetings, and conference-wide events. Curtis has coached Nominating Committees and Ministry Placement Teams through steps to strengthen the process of helping members find meaningful places of service.
He has dealt with questions such as:
- How do we match people with ministries?
- What do we do with the person who is sure of a gifting in a particular area, but every other indicator shows he or she is not?
- What can we do to enhance the Nominating Committee process?
- Are there systems we can set up that will help sustain members in ministry?
- How do we work with members who seem to have little or no time in serving the church?
- How do we effectively help a member or group of them start a new ministry?
To contact Curtis, call 509-981-6929 or email email@example.com for more information and fees.